Thank you for becoming a Milo Peng Funder!
This is what you'll be getting:
- Weekly wraps: News and developments, with some commentary, focusing on Singaporean politics, democracy, human rights, and social justice.
- Special issues: Analysis, commentary, and reporting on current affairs.
- Guest issues: Occasional pieces from guest writers on important matters of the day.
- Check-ins: Sometimes I email all Milo Peng Funders just to check in on how we're all doing, or to update you about some other projects that I'm working on. (I don't do this super often because I don't want to get spammy; only when there are key milestones or things to talk about!)
This is what you're supporting as a Milo Peng Funder:
- This newsletter, of course! I started this newsletter first as a free weekly wrap to help people keep on top of human rights and social justice issues in Singapore, since these are things that don't get a lot of airtime otherwise. It's since developed into a platform for me to write openly and independently about Singapore, and to figure out ways to be most useful to people who want to learn more about this country. Milo Peng Funders' subscriptions allow me to reduce the amount of freelancing I have to do elsewhere so that I can devote more time to this newsletter.
- My book project! I'm currently working on a book about Singapore, politics, and civil society. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time, but kept delaying because it was really difficult to write while also having to take on lots of freelance work to pay the bills. Thanks to Milo Peng Funders, I actually finished the first draft of this book in 2020, and am now in the process of editing/rewriting it.
- Civil society work. Outside of my work as a journalist, I'm also involved in activism. I'm a member of the Transformative Justice Collective, and often participate in panels and workshops and report-writing related to human rights and civil liberties in Singapore. All this work is done on a volunteer basis, which is something I wouldn't be able to afford to do as much if I didn't have the support of Milo Peng Funders!
A very big thank you once again! If you wouldn't mind helping out a little bit more, please share this newsletter with your networks, and encourage others to subscribe/become Milo Peng Funders too!